What we do and what we stand for: A small Winery's Bill of Rights.
- We provide a clear voice for small Washington State wineries.
- We build public pride in small Washington Wineries.
- We promote the reputation, economic growth, and success of small Washington wineries.
- We seek to cut red tape for Family Wineries both within Washington and in interstate commerce.
- We listen to our members, keep them informed, actively seek their input, and respect their views in a democratic process where each winery has one vote.
- We advocate on behalf of family wineries before the Legislature, the Liquor Control Board, and the public.
All small Washington wineries should have the right to:
- Compete fairly in an open market to create, sell, and present the stateís great artisan wines.
- Use their skill and passion to create a product which is a source of pride for Washington State, not a product presumed to be abused by consumers.
- Sell their wine without unnecessary paperwork and other administrative burdens.
- Sell their wine in a market where public safety requirements are respected and enforced uniformly and fairly.
- Thrive through investment from all legal sources regardless of industry affiliation.
- Partner freely with growers, distributors, retailers, restaurants, hotels and other manufacturers.
- Conduct all normal economic activities typical of other businesses unless there is a specific public safety reason for increased regulation.
- Be recognized as providing a healthful product that enhances quality of life when consumed in moderation.
- Be persistent and petulant in stopping the illegal consumption or the abusive over-consumption of alcohol.
- Promote their wines in a responsible fashion.